SLT Program Overview
The program consists of:
- One week of training
- Four weeks of service in kitchen, housekeeping, maintenance and snack shop
- Group Bible study, personal devotions and journaling
- An introduction to working with children
- Inclusion in special events, activities and outings
- An experience that will benefit you for a lifetime
There is NO cost to participate in the SLT program. This is a camper program, NOT a PAID staff position.
Each SLT camper will receive the following benefits:
- Invaluable service and leadership training
- 5 free weeks at Streamside
- Snack shop credit each week
- Meals and housing on camp during each encampment, SLTs will go home on weekends
- Reference letter upon completion of program
To qualify for a position in the SLT program, you must …
- Be a Christian
- Be 14 to 17 years old
- Agree to whole-heartedly commit to and participate in all aspects of the SLT program
- Be selected from a pool of applicants. Apply either on-line or via pdf application below. Do not be discouraged if you are not selected the first time. Keep coming to camp and apply again.
Once started, the application MUST be completed in order to save it. We highly recommend that you gather the following information before starting the application:
- You will need the name, mailing address, phone number and email address for a Spiritual Reference. This person is a spiritual mentor who talks to you about spiritual things or to whom you talk about spiritual things.
- You will need the name of your church and pastor or youth leader, church mailing address, phone number and email address.
- You will need to answer these two questions:
- Salvation Experience: Explain when and why you accepted Jesus Christ, how God has changed you, your personal devotional time and what God has taught you this past year.
- Goals and Objectives of Being an SLT: Explain why you want to be an SLT, what you hope to gain from this experience, is this your idea or your parent’s idea, do your parents approve of this program.
Download and complete the SLT application and mail it to:
303 Possinger Drive
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
“I learned so much and didn’t realize it until I left … I plan to use what I learned and teach my friends more about the Word of God … My counselor pretty much changed the way I think, speak and act. In a way, he changed my life …”